- Covid-19 Parish Resources
- Our Parish
- Faith Formation
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: ALL MASSES IN THE ARCHDIOCESE ARE CANCELLED FOR TWO WEEKS UNTIL APRIL 10, 2020. No decisions have been made regarding Easter Masses.
Please click here to read Archbishop Hebda’s most recent letter regarding Gov. Walz’s Stay at Home Order: Archbishop’s Letter 03 25 2020
Please click on the link Covid-19 Parish Update page for further resources during this difficult time.
CHURCH/OFFICE CLOSED BUT PARISH MINISTRY CONTINUES
The parish office and the church will be closed, but parish personnel will continue to be available, working remotely to answer phone calls and emails and to continue the operations of the parish.
Father Juettner will also continue to minister to pastoral needs. In keeping with directives from the Archbishop, Father Juettner will continue to hear confessions, though he will be hearing “drive-thru” confessions. Right now times for the Sacrament of Penance will be: Saturdays from noon until 1:00 pm and Wednesday nights from 6:00 to 7:00 pm.
Father will also continue to administer the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick to those who request it. Please contact the pastor, by email: email@example.com or parish emergency line: 612-356-2246 to detail the circumstances of the patient or resident and entry requirements to hospital/senior care center. If someone is sick at one of the area hospitals, usually there is a priest chaplain on duty who serves the patients and administers the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick there. Contact the nurses station to learn how to contact the resident chaplain on duty. With many facilities not allowing visitors at this time, it is important to determine if a chaplain is available at the facility.
CONTINUED FINANCIAL SUPPORT
Please click here to read an important message from Father Mark Juettner and the Finance Council: Stewardship
We ask that you prayerfully consider continuing to support the the parish’s ongoing ministries and operations by mailing in your envelope or setting up electronic donations online. To participate in online giving, click here: Online Giving
We are here to support you spiritually and to provide updated information and resources:
- Watch for emails with current information. If you are not currently receiving emails from us, contact the parish office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-473-1247.
- The parish office will continue to produce a weekly bulletin and post it on this website. Bulletins can be found under Our Parish in the menu at the top of the homepage. If you know someone who would cannot access the bulletin online but would like to receive a bulletin, please have that person call the parish office. Please note that bulletins are submitted early, so the 3/22 bulletin went to the printer prior to the suspension of Masses across the Archdiocese.
- Sign up for Flocknote, a digital communications tool, that the parish is adopting to keep touch in with parishioners. We invite parishioners to join Flocknote for FREE, to receive regular digital communications from the church via email or text, whichever method they choose. You can SIGN UP FOR FLOCKNOTE by texting STG133 to 84576 OR by emailing bookkeeper Lynn Johnston at email@example.com and providing your cellphone number and email address OR by clicking on this link: https://ChurchofStGeorge1.flocknote.com/Parishioners
LENT AND HOLY WEEK INFORMATION
As of now, Easter Masses have not been cancelled.
VIRTUAL HOLY WEEK RETREAT:
This week-long virtual retreat begins Palm Sunday (April 5) with Mass from the Saint Paul Seminary and culminates with the Easter Vigil Mass (April 11) from the Cathedral of Saint Paul. Each day has two parts:
▪ Mass or prayer at 9 a.m. followed by directed Lectio Divina.
▪ Evening session at 7 p.m, consisting of conferences from Archbishop Bernard Hebda, Bishop Andrew Cozzens, Father Charles Lachowitzer, and Father John Ubel.
All of the events will be live streamed or recorded for all who would like to participate on this web page: https://www.archspm.org/holyweek
EMERGENCY LINE TO FATHER JUETTNER: To report an after-hours medical emergency and request the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick or to report a death when the office is not open, please call 612-356-2246 and leave a detailed message with a call back number. Google Voice will ask you to state your name and then will connect you with the emergency line voicemail. Leave a detailed message with a call back number so that Father Juettner can call you back.
Mission Statement: We express and embrace the Divine Will in caring for each other, liturgy, Eucharistic Adoration, ministries, stewardship, outreach, social gatherings and prayer.
Please join us – all are welcome!
Church of St. George
133 North Brown Road
Long Lake, MN 55356
Phone: 952- 473-1247
Emergencies only: 612-356-2246