CONFIRMATION, Grades 9 and above
CONFIRMATION MANDATORY PARENT MEETING:
Sunday, September 25th at 11am in the Community Center
Confirmation Classes: Sundays, 3pm-4:45pm in the Community Center starting 10/9/22.
October 2nd Service Opportunity: Feed My Starving Children (details available at the parent meeting)
Please contact Camille Curtiss at email@example.com for more information.
Registration and Payment information is available on the main faith formation page. There is no separate registration for Confirmation.
Faith Formation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmation is scheduled for Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 10am at the Basilica.
Confirmation students will prepare for Confirmation with the Chosen series from Ascension Press. There will be a series of videos in class, as well as workbook assignments, that students will complete and discuss as a group. If you are interested in learning about the Chosen series, I have included a link to the preview below.
Chosen preview: https://youtu.be/WrgySsit-uY
The items that will need to be turned in are the following:
1. Certificate of Baptism is due ASAP: Call or email the church where your teen was baptized to request a Certificate of Baptism. We are not looking for an original certificate but rather a recently issued certificate which would include any notations such as First Communion on the back. The certificate should be mailed to: The Church of St. George, 133 N. Brown Rd, Long Lake, MN 55356, ATTN: Sara Dore. If your teen was baptized at St. George, please email Sara Dore at email@example.com to let her know.
2. The orange Confirmation information form: Camille Curtiss will distribute this form to students at a future class meeting, and the forms should be turned in to Camille.
3. Confirmation Name and Sponsor Name: This information is not due now; Camille will discuss how to choose the Conformation name and sponsor with students. In terms of choosing a sponsor, students should keep the following in mind. This information is also turned in to Camille.
4. A photo release form giving permission to post pictures of our Confirmation students in the bulletin and on our website.
To be qualified to be chosen as a Confirmation sponsor, an individual must:
1) Be at least sixteen years old by date of Confirmation
2) Have been initiated in the Catholic Church through the three sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and the Eucharist and be in good standing with the Church
3) Display a visible commitment to living out the Catholic faith and have the ability and intention to carry out his/her responsibility as a spiritual guide in the teen’s life
Considerations when selecting a Confirmation sponsor:
A sponsor CANNOT be a parent of the person being confirmed.
A Confirmation candidate may have only ONE sponsor.
If a sponsor is unable to attend the Confirmation Mass, another adult may stand in as a proxy.
Teens should choose their own sponsor, and it should be someone that they admire and respect who actively lives out the beliefs of our Catholic faith and who is someone they would feel comfortable asking for help and guidance.
God bless your teen as he/she embarks on this important journey of faith. Confirmation does not mark the end of religious formation, but rather the beginning of his/her life as an adult Catholic. Our prayers are with your teens during this very important time in their spiritual development.
For specific information about our Confirmation program, please contact Camille Curtiss (firstname.lastname@example.org)